Stress & Wellness:
Free online webinar! Communicating With Farmers Under Stress
Nebraska Extension, in partnership with Michigan State University Extension, presents a free online webinar, “Communicating With Farmers Under Stress”, Wednesday, September 2, 2020 from 10:30 a.m. to noon, CDT. This workshop is beneficial for individuals who work with farmers and ranchers on a regular basis, such as bank lenders, ag suppliers, educators and consultants, healthcare professionals, and anyone involved with the lives of farmers and ranchers. In addition to being helpful for working with farmers and ranchers, the workshop educates participants about managing stress in their own lives and teaches how stressors can affect physical health and relationships with family or coworkers. For more information, contact Nebraska Extension Educators Glennis McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Harris, email@example.com.
Free online course! Rural Resilience: Farm Stress Training
The Rural Resilience: Farm Stress Training course brings together the knowledge of agriculture and evidence-based approaches in behavioral health to help better equip farmers, their families, and the agricultural community with tools and resources to help in time of need. This free, self-paced course can help participants learn to recognize the signs and symptoms of stress and suicide, effectively communicate with people under stress, reduce stigma related to mental health concerns, and connect farmers and ranchers with resources.
Coping with Infectious Disease Outbreaks: COVID-19
Resources to help you and your family manage stress as you cope with challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Coming Together for Wellness: Coming together in the face of crisis is a hallmark of Nebraska. On the Coming Together for Wellness website, you'll find ideas and activities that support and strengthen you and your family. You'll also find resources to help connect you with supportive community members and professionals.
- 7 Steps to Reduce Farm and Financial Stress (Source: Farm Journal)
- Stress and Coping
- Staying Connected During Tough Times: Resources for Nebraska Farmers, Ranchers, and Their Families (PDF)
- Communicating with Farmers and Ranchers Under Stress Resources
- Videos: Rural Wellness Media Channel - University of Nebraska-Lincoln MediaHub
- Read for Resilience - The Learning Child
- A Beautiful Day - University of Nebraska
- Disaster Education - Nebraska Extension
- Nebraska Rural Youth Suicide Prevention Resources
- 5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Physical and Mental Wellness
- Coping with Family Stress - The Learning Child
- Online Mental Health Screenings
- Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors Teams
- Nebraska State Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Local Teams Help Family, Friends Cope After a Suicide
- Recognizing the Signs of Suicide and How You Can Help